We get it. Getting started with firewood heat is anything but simple. Choosing the right wood stove involves making sense of efficiency ratings, calculating heat output, and sometimes even consulting with your local council for a permit. Having that stove professionally installed can be twice as expensive as buying it. And once you’re done with that, you have to find the right wood fuel reseller near you.
That last point looks a lot simpler than it actually is. Choose the wrong reseller and you might end up overpaying hundreds of pounds per heating season or (which is much worse) receiving low-quality, moisture-filled logs that will smoke when burned, releasing a slew of toxic compounds into your home and the environment.
But what if you could purchase your logs direct from the UK’s most trusted wood fuel supplier? In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about purchasing logs online.
Pros and Cons of Purchasing Logs Direct Online
Purchasing firewood directly online comes with lots of benefits and some drawbacks. Listed below are just some of the main ones.
Pros of Buying Logs Direct Online
- A larger selection of wood fuels. Depending on where you live, your local suppliers may only carry a small selection of wood fuels. Some local suppliers might only sell firewood. Others might only sell pellets or briquettes. By purchasing your wood fuels directly through a trusted online supplier, you will sidestep this issue.
- Higher wood fuel quality. Local suppliers generally operate in a low-competition space, so they can get away with selling logs that barely meet Defra’s Ready to Burn standard. Online vendors must compete with suppliers from all over the UK, so they cannot afford to create subpar products. For example, Lekto’s kiln-dried logs are dried to 7%-8% moisture levels, which is miles ahead of the 20% required by Defra.
- Better wood fuel prices. In general, you can save 5%-15% by purchasing wood fuels directly in bulk from an online supplier. Local suppliers, especially those operating in low-competition environments, will often try to get away with charging higher prices.
- Free, convenient delivery. When you order online through a company like Lekto, you don’t have to worry about hiring a truck to pick up your wood fuels. Simply make an order and it will be delivered to your door. If your order is over £75 (which 93% of Lekto’s orders are), it will be delivered to you 100% free of charge.
Cons of Buying Logs Direct Online
- You can’t see the product before buying it. Trust is a serious issue in today’s world and some people prefer to see their firewood before buying it. When purchasing online, you cannot do so. As a result, you have to turn to customer reviews.
- You have to wait 2-3 days for delivery. There are times when you need logs here and now. If this is the case for you, then purchasing online is not for you. However, if you put some foresight into your purchase, buying log direct might turn out to be the right choice for you.
- There’s too much choice. Sometimes an overabundance of choice is just as bad as a lack of choice. There are hundreds of online wood fuel suppliers to choose from, so finding the one that is right for you may be daunting.
What Makes Lekto the Best Log Supplier in the UK?
We’re widely recognised as an industry leader and have over 12,000 positive reviews on Trustpilot. Our customer support specialists are some of the best in the industry. And our product is second to none.
But don’t just take our word for it. Read these professional reviews: